Poster at the International Elastomer Conference Student Symposium, ACS in October 2021, Pittsburgh, PA
- Emon, O.F., Alkadi, F., Kiki, M., Choi, J.W.*, “Conformal 3D printing of a polymeric tactile sensor,” Additive Manufacturing Letters, Vol. 2, 100027, 2022.
- Kamath, S.S., Choi, J.W.*, “3D printing of synthetic rubber ink via direct ink writing process,” Rubber World, Vol. 265, No. 2, pp. 40-45, 2021.
- Emon, M.O.F., Russel, A., Nardkarni, G., Choi, J.W.*, “A Low-Cost Visual Grasp Aid for Neuropathy Patients Using Flexible 3D Printed Tactile Sensors,” ASME Journal of Medical Devices, Vol. 15, 034502-1, 2021.
Dr. Md. Omar Faruk Emon become an tenure-track assistant professor in the department of mechanical engineering at University of New Haven. He started the job from the fall semester 2021. He graduated in 2020 and worked as a staff at Cornell University before he joined U of New Haven.
SBIR Phase II: SmartRun Monitor for Gait and Form Analytics, Mar 1 2021 – Feb 28 2023, NSF through eSens, $169,079, PI-subaward (100% credit).
eSens received ~$1M, where Choi is a co-founder and CTO.
This grant is for developing a low-cost, conformable and robust shoe insert to provide real-time pace and gait data to runners and coaches.
- Huang, R., Elassi, J., Kim, M., Jo, K.H., Lee, S.K., Morscher, G., Choi, J.W.*, “Material extrusion and sintering of binder-coated zirconia: comprehensive characterizations,” Additive Manufacturing, In Press.
- Negro, D., Bharambe, V., Oh, Y., Burden, E., Ahlfors, M., Choi, J.W., Du A.P. Adams, J.J., MacDonald, E., Pedro C. “Mechanical Properties of Material Jetted Zirconia Complex Geometries with Hot Isostatic Pressing,” Advances in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, In Press.
- Emon, M.O.F., Russel, A., Nardkarni, G., Choi, J.W.*, “A Low-Cost Visual Grasp Aid for Neuropathy Patients Using Flexible 3D Printed Tactile Sensors,” ASME Journal of Medical Devices, In Press.
- Kim, M., Choi, J.W.*, “Rubber ink formulations with high solid content for direct-ink write process,” Additive Manufacturing, Additive Manufacturing, Vol. 44, 102023, 2021.
- Dilibal, S. Sahin, H., Danquah, O., Emon, M.O.F., Choi, J.W.*, “Additively Manufactured Custom Soft Gripper with Embedded Soft Force Sensors for an Industrial Robot,” International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 22, pp. 709-718, 2021.
- Kim, M., Philip, D.G., Emon, M.O.F., Choi, J.W.*, “Effects of Hardness on the Sensitivity and Load Capacity of 3D Printed Sensors,” International Journal of Precision and Manufacturing, Vol. 22, pp. 483-494, 2021.
Myoeum successfully defended her second M.S. thesis in March 25, 2021. Congratulations! She plans to pursue a Ph.D. degree at University of Virginia as soon as she graduates.
Five new members start their Ph.D. research from the spring semester 2021. Wish their success.
Bahareh Tabatabaei; Sarath Kamath; Md. Jarir Hossain; Bipendra Basnet; Bharath Reddy Alandur Ramesh
Mazen Kiki has become our lab member since Aug 2020. Congratulations!
- Alamdari, A., Lee, J., Emon, M.O.F., Kim, M., Dhinojwala, A., Choi, J.W., “Effect of Surface Energy Reducing Agents on Adhesion Force in Liquid Bridge Microstereolithography,” Additive Manufacturing, Accepted.
- Lin, M., Dilibal, S., Vatani, M., Choi, J.W., Engeberg, E., “Compliant Underwater Manipulator with Integrated Tactile Sensor for Nonlinear Force Feedback Control of an SMA Actuation System,” Sensors and Actuators: A. Physical.